Thursday 12 December 2013

Film Poster: Font Testing

My group and I went through a lot of argument about which font we were using. It took us far too long to settle on one design for all of us to have, but, in the end, I think we chose a good one.
First of all, I went through a load of stamp-like fonts because I wanted a grungy feel to my own font.
My group, however, weren't too keen on the shapes and styles of any of these. We decided to keep a plain font and download some grunge brushes to use on Photoshop. In the end, we decided that this font - Coolvetica - was the only one that suited all of our styles.
For my poster, as I said, I wanted some more grunge to imply the dark side of the proceedings in our film.
I had some trouble with the grunge as I found that either the brush was too big or too small, so it took me a few tries to get it right, but in the end I managed to settle for something I was comfortable with and ended up with this piece of art:

1 comment:

  1. Excellent clarity in methodology and you display the links that you make in decision making to the generic conventions.

    ReplyDelete