Monday 2 December 2013

Film Poster: Colour Scheme

I was recommended COLOURlovers to use in order to test out how well colours work together. I had originally intended to use Pinterest and create a new board of different shades, but COLOURlovers allowed me to mix whatever shades I wanted as opposed to hunting down the exact colour I wanted. These were the four ideas I came up with:


The orange/green/yellow colours featured in these schemes are mostly reflective of the colours included in the base image of the poster, as the leaves in the park they will be taken in are all these colours. The black is reminiscent of the shadowy figure I've planned to include in the foreground, and the white and grey are the colours I'm thinking of having the title of the film in so that they stand out against the black. The blue is a colour that naturally reminds people of police and government and is conventionally featured in many police/crime thriller film posters, so I've planned to include that colour, too, possibly in the release date or the credits.

1 comment:

  1. Nice. I've never used colour lovers before - you are innovative with your use of technology. Don't forget to use all of this ample evidence of technology when you work on your evaluation.

    ReplyDelete